Ways to Become a Citizen of the US

If you really want to become a citizen of the United States there are many ways you can do it. These ways include apply through INS, marry a citizen, have a child, relative already residing in the US, and much more.

One of the ways you can earn your citizenship as an American is to apply through INS. You may already be living in the states or you may not. Many of the things that will get you in fast is if you have a high degree in an industry that is thriving in the US. If you have a lot of money and you want to start your own business in the states it will contribute to the economy and is usually welcomed with open arms. This would have to be a business making a lot of money and employing a lot of people also. If you wanted to come to the states to open a business selling artificial Christmas trees then it may not look good. That is because artificial trees sell primarily during the holiday season. In addition, you can only make so much money selling prelit artificial Christmas trees.

One of the easiest ways to become an American citizen is by marrying someone who is already a citizen of the states. You will not be denied if you marry someone. However, you will have to prove to the government that you really are in love and married because you care about the person and not because you want to become a citizen. You will have to go through counseling sessions, testing, and other verification processes in order to be approved. This process can take up to 10 years to complete.

If you come to the United States and you have a child while you are in the states then your child is a citizen. This will allow you to stay because your child is a citizen and the parents are allowed to live in the states in cases like this. One thing to keep in mind is that you still have to apply for citizenship. Just because your child is born in the US doesn’t mean you are a citizen forever. You will have to apply because once your child turns 18 and is old enough to take care of him or herself you will no longer have permission to be there.

If you are a citizen of the US and you have a child in another country that is not, you can apply for citizenship of your children. One thing to keep in mind is that there is a priority to how the government considers approval. Sons that are not married and do not have a family to bring to the states are approved first. Women that are not married and that do not have a family are second in line. If you have a member of your family that has children they are in most cases not considered.

There are many ways you can become a citizen of the United States. If you have a child in the states, marry a citizen, apply through the normal process, and plan on opening a new company then you have good chances that you will be considered.

Article source: http://www.mycitizenshipforms.com/blog/